2 August 2013 by Permi Krishna
Apple has only a single product line in the mobile phone segment – the iPhone series.iPhones from apple are popular because of their usability and user-friendliness.
These phones could be deemed overpriced to an extent. But due to the intuitiveness of the iOS, the innovative and sleek design, and a set of carefully selected features, Apple has been able to pull in more than 50% of the total profit that global cell phone sales generate.
Applie iOS is designed for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch. As of Q4, 2010 it had a 26% share of the smart phone operating system market. The iOS is known of its intuitive and user friendly interface. It supports multi-touch gestures and responds immediately to user input. Apple App Store (iOS) has more than 500,000 approved applications, which is more than that of any other mobile OS. Its latest release, the iOS 5 has more than 200 new features compared to previous versions. Some of the key features are:
2. Well-organized directory structure
3. Stable and reliable OS
4. High Performance (takes full advantage of the hardware)
5. Unified inbox
6. Integrated dictionary
The ease with settings can be configured, applications can be installed etc is commendable. The multi-touch based gesture recognition is a bonus point. So if you are looking for a good quality easy-to-use phone with loads of features and don't mind if it's a bit too pricy, then Apple is where to go.
Other key facts:
- In the U.S., AT&T and Verizon are the only authorized carriers for iPhone.
- The latest offering from Apple is iCloud, a cloud based data storage and music, bookmarks etc syncing service which will be made available to all iPhones supporting iOS5.
- The 5th generation iPhone is expected to be globally released in Q3 2011.