Nokia N900 Black Smartphone GSM Bluetooth 5MP 32GB microSD Slot
-Average rating of 3.5 stars from 48 reviews.
-Released 5 years 9 months ago (Nov 2009).
Ease of Use
Look and Feel
AT-T, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile
800 x 480
Smartphone, Touch Screen
Bluetooth, WLAN, WiFi
3.0 x Digital Zoom
QWERTY Keyboard, Stylus, Touch Screen
USB 2.0, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
WEP Security, WPA2 security
Calculator, JAVA Applications, Games
HTML, XML, XHTML
SMS, POP3, SMTP
Integrated Digital Camera, MP3 player, MP3 ringtones, MPEG4 video playback, Picture editor, Video Player, Video Recorder, Polyphonic ringtones
Alarm clock, Calendar, Personal Information Management
External display, WEP Security
Speed dial, Vibrating Alert, Speakerphone, Hands Free Options, Email, Web Browser
Travel Charger, Headset, Backup Battery, Charger Adapter
Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
GSM, EDGE, WCDMA, EGSM 1800, EGSM 1900
Built-in Wireless, WLAN 802.11b, WLAN 802.11g, Bluetooth
Built in GPS Receiver, aGPS
Headphone Jack, Built in Speaker, Built in Stereo Speakers
MicroSD, Built-In Memory
44637,88206945, 101230447, 107438996
» Read Full Description
Computer Repair and Android Management
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
When paired with a compatible 3G network, you'll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services--from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming--and be able to take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas not served by a 3G network, you'll continue to receive data service via EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos, and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
Taking its cues from the world of desktop computing, the open source, Linux-based Maemo software delivers a PC-like experience on a handset-sized device.
- Fast 3G connectivity with broadband-like speeds via 900/1700/2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA.
- Integrated assisted GPS (A-GPS) receiver for navigation using the Ovi Maps application as well as for geotagging photos and accessing location services used by popular social networking sites. Switch between rich 3D, satellite and hybrid map views.
- 3.5-inch touchscreen display with built-in accelerometer and 800 x 480-pixel resolution. (Learn more)
- Slide-out full QWERTY keyboard as well as virtual onscreen keyboard. Speed your typing up further with smart on-screen features and word completion.
- Maemo 5 software and user interface with direct touch logic, 3D accelerated graphics, and multi-window multitasking menu logic. (Learn more)
- 5-megapixel Carl Zeiss autofocus camera with dual LED flash and sliding lens cover for protection and camera activation. (Learn more)
- Capture WVGA 16:9 video in higher than DVD resolution.
- Digital audio and video playback with multi-format compatibilities plus TV output (cable included) and FM radio.
- Bluetooth 2.1 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as hands-free headsets and car kits. (Learn more)
- Wi-Fi networking for accessing the Internet from home, corporate and hotspot networks (802.11b/g); includes WEP, WPA, WPA2 security protocols.
- 32 GB internal memory expandable up to 48 GB via optional microSD cards (up to 16 GB in size).
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS, mobile instant messaging (with presence-enhanced contacts), personal and corporate email (with support for Exchange and viewing attachments).
- Easily set up multiple email accounts with support for popular email providers.
- Keep multiple SMS & IM conversations going and move easily between them.
- Mozilla-powered full HTML browser with support for Adobe Flash player and ability to keep multiple web windows open.
- Organizer tools including calendar, clock, notes, calculator, and sketch
- Full range of applications including Ovi Maps, PDF reader, and RSS reader
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off.
The Nokia N900 weighs 6.38 ounces (with 1320 mAh lithium-ion battery) and measures 4.37 x 2.35 x 0.77 inches. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as the 900/1700/2100 MHz HSPA 3G frequencies.
When you're ready to start typing email or text/instant messages, just flip the N900 on its left side and slide the face up to reveal the full QWERTY keyboard with predictive typing capabilities. The display pivots to an angle that makes it easy to read the screen while you're typing. The N900 also includes a kickstand that enables you to place the device on a desk or airplane's seatback table to watch videos.
The Nokia N900 has 32 GB of internal storage, which is expandable up to 48 GB via optional microSD cards (up to 16 GB in size).
The Nokia N900 packs a powerful ARM Cortex-A8 processor, with up to 1GB of application memory and OpenGL ES 2.0 graphics acceleration. The result is PC-like multitasking, allowing many applications to run simultaneously. Switching between applications is simple, as all running content is constantly available through the dashboard. The panoramic home screen can be fully personalized with favorite shortcuts, widgets, and applications. Thanks to the browser powered by Mozilla technology, web sites look the way they would on any computer. Online videos and interactive applications are vivid with full Adobe Flash 9.4 support. Maemo software updates happen automatically over the Internet.
Tag photos with keywords to easily find them later on with a keyword cloud display, and see where your images were taken with the automatic geotagging. The camera offers an auto-focus Carl Zeiss lens with two-stage capture key, dual LED flash, and JPEG/EXIF still image file format. Other features include a full-screen viewfinder, dedicated camera key, sliding lens cover for protection and camera activation, and a photo editor. Upload your photos and videos to Ovi Share and share them online with friends and family.
The N900 can also capture videos in a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio at 800 x 480 pixels and 30 frames per second (fps). Additionally, the N900 includes a VGA camera on the front for use of video calling services (dependent upon carrier; additional charges applicable).
After shooting photos and videos, you can connect the N900 to an external monitor or TV (NTSC/PAL) using the included cable, and control playback via UPNP (WLAN supported).
In addition to the integrated hands-free speakerphone, this phone provides the latest version of Bluetooth connectivity--version 2.1 + EDR--which makes pairing with an optional headset, as well as other Bluetooth-enabled devices, a snap. It includes profiles for communication headset, hands-free car kits, and phonebook access. And with the A2DP Bluetooth profile, you can stream your music to a pair of compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones or speaker dock.
Bluetooth profiles include: A2DP (stereo music streaming), AVRC (remote control), HFP (hands-free car kits), HSP (communication headsets), FTP (file transfer), OPP (object push for business cards, calendar items, and pictures)
- Up to 32 GB internal storage
- Total available application memory up to 1 GB (256 MB RAM, 768 MB virtual memory)
- Supported protocols: Mail for Exchange, IMAP, POP3, SMTP
- SMS and instant messages organized as conversations
- Support for Nokia Messaging service
- Instant messaging and Presence-enhanced contacts
- Multiple number, email, and Instant Messaging details per contact, and contacts with images
- Integrated hands-free stereo speakers
- Logging of dialed, received, and missed calls
- Speed dialing via contact widget
- Ring tones: .wav, .mp3, .AAC, .eAAC, .wma
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) with WEP, WPA, WPA2 security; designed for continuous TCP/IP connectivity
- Capability to serve as data modem via USB connection
- Music playback file formats: .mp3, .wma, .aac, .m4a, .wav
- Video playback file formats: .mp4, .avi, .wmv, .3gp; codecs: H.264, MPEG-4, Xvid, WMV, H.263
- Video streaming: H.264, MPEG-4, Xvid, WMV, H.263 in .avi, .mp4, .wmv, .asf, and .3gp containers
- TV out (NTSC/PAL) with Nokia Video Connectivity Cable (CA-75U, included)
- FM radio (requires headset to be attached) and FM transmitter