- Display: 4.7-inches
- Camera: 8-MP
- Processor Speed: 1.5 GHz
- OS: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus Screen
1080p HD video recording
LG Optimus G
At a Glance:
- 4G LTE connectivity
- Android OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus Screen
- 1.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor
- 8 MP HD camera; 1.3 MP front-facing camera
- 1080p HD video recording
With quad-core power and next generation features, he LG Optimus G gives you the power to live without boundaries. Multitask like never before with UX features like QSlide, QuickMemo, and Dual Screen Dual Play. Play as hard as you want with a 1.5 GHz power-optimized quad-core processor and advanced graphics or watch HD movies on the 4.7-inch true-color IPS Plus display without sacrificing battery life.
- 1.5 GHz quad-core Snapdragon S4 processor with 2 GB RAM to get more done in less time
- 32 GB onboard memory for storing thousands of your favorite photos, videos, and songs
- 2100 mAh Li-Polymer battery for extended talk time and media experiences
- QSlide allows you to text or browse the web all without navigating away from the video you are watching
- QuickMemo allows users to write, draw, or jot a memo directly on any captured screen for sharing instantly with others as an attachment or a URL
- 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus display for watching HD movies in vibrant true-to life color on the go
- 8 MP advanced camera with zero shutter lag, time catch shot, cheese shutter, and low light shot noise reduction
- Live Zooming allows users to zoom in on a captured video during playback and see close-in details during video playback
- Live Shot allows users to capture the perfect still-photo while simultaneously recording HD video
- High gloss tempered glass design at just 8.45 mm thin with a Crystal Reflection pyramid patterned back
What's in the Box
Phone; Travel charger; USB data cable; 16 GB microSD card (installed); Quick Start Guide
- Display size: 4.7-inch True HD IPS Plus Screen
- 1.5 GHz: Quad-Core Processor
- Android: v4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
- Capacity: 2100 mAh Li-Polymer
- Talk time: up to 10 hours
- Standby time: up to 13.5 days
- 4G LTE: Band 4 and 17
- Wi-Fi connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Size: 5.15 x 2.82 x .33 inches
- Weight: 5.19 ounces
- RAM: 2 GB
- Internal memory: 16 GB + 16 GB microSD card (installed)
- External memory: microSD card up to 64 GB
Camera & Video
- Rear-facing camera: 8 MP HD
- Front-facing camera: 1.3 MP
- Video: 1080p HD video recording, Live shot
- Optimus 3.0 UI with QuickMemo and QSlide for enhanced multitasking
AT&T's 4G LTE network allows for quicker access, smoother media streaming, and faster web experiences. LTE technology is capable of delivering mobile broadband speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. Additionally, LTE technology offers a faster response time due to lower latency--the processing time it takes to move data through a network--vastly speeding download times for web pages as well as improving services such as mobile gaming and two-way video calling.
By the end of 2011, AT&T plans to launch its 4G LTE network in 15 major metropolitan areas, covering at least 70 million Americans. Coverage will continue to expand in the next few years and is planned to be largely complete by the end of 2013.
And when combined with 4G HSPA+ technology, AT&T is capable of delivering a quicker, more consistent mobile broadband experience than ever before. AT&T has deployed HSPA+ to virtually 100 percent of its mobile broadband network, which enables 4G speeds when combined with enhanced backhaul (via Ethernet or fiber). Backhaul is one of the major pieces of a telecommunications network. Think of it as the limbs connecting AT&T's cell towers with AT&T's backbone network that provides access to the Internet.
| || LTE = Long Term Evolution |
Advanced wireless technology capable of increasing AT&T's already-fast network speeds. Now in select markets with deployment ongoing.
| || HSPA+ = High Speed Packet Access |
Paired with enhanced backhaul--the accelerated pipeline between our network backbone and cell towers across the country--this technology boosts network performance.
Android Ice Cream Sandwich Operating System
The Optimus G runs the Android 4.0 operating system (dubbed Ice Cream Sandwich), which adds powerful new ways of communicating and sharing while improving on the best Android features: easy multitasking, rich notifications, customizable home screens, resizable widgets, and more.
The new Ice Cream Sandwich interface features an onscreen navigation bar that replaces the hardware buttons for Back, Home, and Menu found with older Android-powered phones. And with Google+ integration, you can video chat with groups of up to 9 friends as well as easily upload and share photos and videos. Other features include: Face Unlock
You can now unlock your phone with just your face using the Face Unlock option. It takes advantage of the front-facing camera and state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to register a face during setup and then to recognize it again when unlocking the device. Just hold your phone in front of your face to unlock (or use a backup PIN).
And the lock screen now lets you do more without unlocking. From the slide lock screen, you can jump directly to the camera for a picture or pull down the notifications window to check for messages. When listening to music, you can even manage music tracks and see album art. Home Screen Folders
Quickly access related apps right from the home screen by organizing apps and shortcuts into folders--just drag one app onto another to create a folder. Multitasking
Multitasking is even easier and more visual in Android 4.0. The Recent Apps button lets you jump instantly from one task to another using the list in the System Bar. The list pops up to show thumbnail images of apps used recently--tapping a thumbnail switches to the app. Voice Input
The new voice engine in Android 4.0 lets you dictate the text you want, for as long as you want, using the language you want. You can speak continuously for a prolonged time, even pausing for intervals if needed, and dictate punctuation to create correct sentences. As the voice input engine enters text, it underlines possible dictation errors in gray. After dictating, you can tap the underlined words to quickly replace them from a list of suggestions.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.