- Unlocked quad-band GSM cell phone compatible with 850/900/1800/1900 frequencies and
- 3G-enabled messaging phone in black with 2.46-inch TFT-LCD touchscreen and physical QWERTY keyboard, access to personal and corporate e-mail
- 8-megapixel camera, 720p HD camcorder, Bluetooth stereo music, 8 GB memory, microSD expansion,
- Up to 7.5 hours of talk time, up to 744 hours (31 days) of standby time, released in June, 2011
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, wired headset, connectivity cable, quick start guide
- GPS with free Ovi Maps Navigation voice-guided directions
A sleek business smartphone with a full QWERTY keypad and a high resolution touch display, the Nokia E6 unlocked mobile phone helps you stay productive and connected with business and personal e-mail and fast data connectivity that's compatible with both AT&T's and T-Mobile's 3G networks.
Get more done with the Nokia E6, which offers both a touchscreen display and physical QWERTY keyboard (view larger).
Designed using premium materials such as glass and stainless steel, the device comes in a compact size that makes it easy to use with either one hand or two. The Nokia E6 offers exceptional battery life and the best out-of-the-box Microsoft messaging experience on a business smartphone, including access to Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Communicator Mobile, and Microsoft SharePoint.
It's also one of the first Nokia smartphones to include the complete update of the Symbian software user experience (codenamed Symbian Anna), which offers a host of usability enhancements, including improved text input, a faster internet browsing experience, and a refreshed Ovi Maps application. The new Symbian also offers true enterprise grade security with hardware accelerated encryption for business users, as well as new e-mail features such as full meeting request support.
You get the best of both worlds with a full touch-and-type QWERTY keyboard for efficient typing and editing and an amazingly sharp touchscreen for easy navigation and touch-based apps. Customize your phone with thousands of apps from Ovi Store, and enjoy free navigation with Ovi Maps.
Other features include an internal 8 GB memory, support for optional microSD memory cards (up to 32 GB in size), Wireless-N Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n), Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity, 8-megapixel camera with HD 720p video capture, front-facing camera for video calls, full HTML web browser, and up to 7.5 hours of 3G talk time.
View larger size.
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider. This phone comes with a full manufacturer's warranty.
When paired with a compatible 3G network, you'll enjoy a high-speed connection offering a variety of feature-rich wireless services--from data connectivity to your office to multimedia streaming, and take advantage of simultaneous voice and data services. In areas not served by a 3G network, you'll continue to receive data service via EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
The 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash (view larger).
Touchscreen and QWERTY Keyboard in One
It all comes together in an ultra compact smartphone. Photos and web pages look incredibly sharp on the full-touch display--plus you also get a real QWERTY keyboard that's ideal for fast, one-handed typing. Nokia E6 may be small, but it offers unbeatable power with its long-lasting battery. So powerful you can talk throughout your workday or watch four movies without a break.
Microsoft Business Apps
Nokia E6 syncs with Microsoft Outlook to deliver real-time e-mails, contacts and calendar entries direct to your home screen--at no extra cost. And now you can be even more productive. Create, edit and share Word, Excel and PowerPoint docs on the go and get in touch with colleagues using Microsoft Communicator Mobile.
Fully Customizable Home Screens
From day one your home screen is live and always up to date. New e-mails, the latest Facebook and Twitter feeds, news headlines, and much more--everything you need at a glance. And simply add shortcuts to the five customizable home screens to access even more of your favorite apps with one touch.
- Integrated assisted GPS (A-GPS) receiver with free Ovi Maps enables you to find your route quickly and easily, whether walking or driving. Use the Walk pedestrian navigation to find your way, or the voice-guided Drive navigation to find the best route. (Learn more)
- Up to 10 business and personal e-mail accounts with the capabilities to read, create, and edit Microsoft Office documents via the QuickOffice application .
- Five customizable home screens with widgets that bring live updates from your e-mail and favorite social networks (includes pre-loaded Facebook and Twitter apps).
- Full web browsing of real web pages with Flash Lite 4.0 compatibility (supports a majority of Flash Player 10.1 content).
| || |
OS & Software
- Symbian Anna OS
- Included applications: Calendar, Contacts, music player, internet, messaging, photos, Ovi Store, Maps, Videos, Web TV, Office document editors, Video and photo editor, Mail, Radio
- PC applications: Nokia Ovi Suite, Nokia Ovi Player
Communications & Internet
- Supports e-mail accounts from more than a thousand ISPs (SMTP, IMAP4, POP3), as well as Gmail, Yahoo! and Hotmail.
- Mail for Exchange mobile e-mail client plus support for images, videos, music and documents (.doc, .xls, .ppt, .pdf, .zip).
- HTML support for e-mail
- Social networking profiles visible in phone contacts.
- Unified MMS/SMS editor with conversational view for SMS.
- Support for Microsoft Communicator Mobile
- Advanced contacts database with support for multiple phone and e-mail details per entry with personal thumbnail pictures and video clips.
- Web browsing with touch control
- RSS reader feeds
Design and Hardware
- 2.46-inch capacitive touchscreen (640 x 480 pixels, 16.7 million colors) with orientation and proximity sensors, compass, and ambient light detector.
- Full physical QWERTY keyboard
- Dedicated graphics processor with OpenGL 2.0 enables 3D graphics
- Removable battery
- 8 GB internal memory
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 8-megapixel camera with dual LED flash, pinch-to-zoom capabilities, internal photo editor, automatic location geotagging, and images automatically taken in the correct orientation.
- HD 720p video capture with 25 fps, video editing software, and settings for scene and video light.
- Secondary front-facing camera (VGA) for video chats
- Music player compatible with MP3, WMA (including DRM), and AAC/AAC+/eAAC+
- Access to Ovi Music Store
- Video player compatible with MPEG4, H.264, Real
- FM radio with RDS capabilities
- Ovi Maps with free car and pedestrian navigation
- Compass and accelerometer for correct orientation of maps on the display
- Share your real time location with comments
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Organizer tools including calendar, to-do list, notes, recorder, calculator, clock
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
The Nokia E6 weighs 4.69 ounces and measures 4.55 x 2.32 x 0.41 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7.5 hours of 3G talk time, and up to 744 hours (31 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies plus the 850/900/1700/1900/2100 3G frequencies (compatible with both AT&T and T-Mobile).
What's in the Box
Nokia E6 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, wired headset (WH-207), connectivity cable (CA-179), quick start guide
Ovi Maps (view larger).
Nokia offers its Ovi Maps walk and drive navigation application free across the globe. Drivers receive turn-by-turn voice guidance including lane assistance, traffic information (in 10 countries including the U.S.), and safety camera and speed warnings, while pedestrians will be guided on shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones in over 100 cities across the globe. And unlike other mobile navigation mapping solutions, Ovi Maps works offline--no cellular service is required.
With the Ovi Maps for mobile you get for free:
No Hidden Costs
- Maps for over 180 countries and free map updates
- Drive and Walk navigation available in over 70 countries with real-time voice guidance
- My Position enables you to find your current location easier and faster than ever.
- New one box search for quicker access to finding places and addresses.
- Save your favorite places and routes, then synchronize them with your Ovi account over the air.
- Car navigation with voice and visual instructions, lane assistance and speed limit information. Now also with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Pedestrian navigation with routing through pedestrian zones and shortcuts, pathways through parks and buildings, stairways and plazas. Now with text-to-speech voice guidance.
- Get real-time weather information including a 5-day forecast, for your current or any location found via search.
- Lonely Planet and Michelin offer you dynamic access to the best and most relevant editorial travel content for over 1000 destinations. Find thousands of listings for sights, restaurants, hotels, shops, nightlife, and more. Look these places up on the map and get to them with Walk and Drive navigation.
- Discover the events happening nearby your location on the map or any place found via search.
- Share your location on Facebook--where you are, what you are up to and finish with a photo.
Ovi Maps comes with all the maps and high-end, car grade navigation features you need for free and is yours to keep for the life of the smartphone. No additional licenses needed for extra countries, regions or services like traffic information or city guides. Data charges from network operators may apply. Voice Guidance and Traffic Information
Turn-by-turn, voice guided navigation comes free for both drivers and pedestrians. For drivers this includes lane assistance, traffic information, safety camera, and speed warnings. For pedestrians, this includes shortcuts through parks and pedestrian-only zones for over 100 cities around the world as well as 6,000 3D landmarks in over 200 cities to help you find exactly where you are. Unique Hybrid Technology
Ovi Maps is built on an advanced technology called hybrid vector maps. Vector maps are high quality but less data intensive and allow you to continue to navigate even if you lose your network connection. This means that maps downloaded or updated across a network connection are about half the size of bulky bitmaps used by other mobile map providers. The hybrid technology ensures that, unlike other providers, any downloaded map data is stored on the device for future use. No Network Connection Required When Navigating
Avoid expensive, battery-draining network connections with Nokia's unique hybrid technology. Maps can be pre-loaded on to your Nokia smartphone so you can set Ovi Maps to offline mode, saving battery power, and the navigation system will still work. This is particularly useful for those worried about data connection costs when travelling abroad or when you are travelling through areas with little or no network coverage. Best Global Coverage
You take your mobile with you wherever you go in the world so, as standard, voice guided navigation for both pedestrians and drivers is available for 74 countries in 46 different languages and there are maps for over 180 countries. This gives you the best maps with the largest global coverage for free.