Samsung Transform Ultra Prepaid Android Phone (Boost Mobile)
- No-contract, 3G-enabled Android 2.3-powered smartphone with 3.5-inch touchscreen and slide-out QWERTY keyboard from Boost Mobile
- Choose from Monthly Unlimited or $2 Daily Unlimited plans with unlimited talk, text, e-mail, and web
- GPS for navigation; 3-MP camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD expansion; full HTML browser
- Up to 7 hours of talk time; runs on Sprint's nationwide network; released in October, 2011
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, 2 GB microSD card, quick start guide
Checkout offer details at Amazon.com »
Combining the power of the Android OS and Boost Mobile's no-contract cellular service, the Samsung Transform Ultra smartphone is designed to provide an uncompromised Android experience while maintaining the great value of Boost's $55 Android Monthly Unlimited plan with no hidden fees and no contracts required. And you'll save money the longer you stick with Boost Mobile, with your monthly payments lowered by $5 for every six on-time payments.
See larger image.
See larger image.
The Samsung Transform Ultra features a brilliant 3.5-inch touch-screen display and full slide-out QWERTY keyboard for easy typing of e-mails, text messages, and social networking status updates. And the Transform Ultra has dual cameras so that every angle of your mobile life is covered. Snap photos with the primary 3-megapixel camera or fire up the front-facing VGA for video conferencing.
Other features include Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, microSD memory expansion to 32 GB (with 2 GB card included), music player, full HTML browser, access to both personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 7 hours of talk time (see full specifications below).
The Samsung Transform Ultra weighs 4.9 ounces and measures 4.57 x 2.40 x 0.55 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 7 hours of talk time. It runs on Sprint's 800/1900 CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A frequencies.
What's in the Box
Samsung Transform Ultra handset, rechargeable battery, wall/USB charger, 2 GB microSD card, quick start guide
About Boost Mobile
Boost Mobile redefines value for wireless consumers with its Monthly Unlimited with Shrinkage no-contract service where the longer you stay the less you pay with on-time payments for unlimited voice, text messaging, web, e-mail, IM and calls to 411. It offers nationwide service on the Nationwide Sprint Network and Nextel National Network, reaching more than 278 million people, with no activation or long-distance fees.
$55 Android Monthly Unlimited for unlimited nationwide talk, text, web, e-mail, and 411 with no contracts on an Android powered device. Includes access to Android Market. Voicemail, long distance and call waiting included. And you'll reduce your monthly payment the longer you stay with Shrinkage.
$2 Daily Unlimited provides all the value of Monthly Unlimited and nationwide coverage at a low daily rate. The $2 subscription charge is automatically deducted from your Boost account each day after midnight, regardless of usage, unless the you cancel the subscription. Recharge at least once every 90 days to keep your account active (after 90 days any credit balance will expire).
Boost lowers your monthly payment by $5 for every 6 on-time payments ($50 Monthly Unlimited example illustrated above).
International Connect provides unlimited international talk and text with family and friends around the world. It can be added to Monthly Unlimited and Android Monthly Unlimited plans for an additional $5 per month, and added to the BlackBerry Monthly Unlimited plan for $10 per month.
All Monthly Unlimited plans include Shrinkage and unlimited nationwide talk, text, web, e-mail, and 411. Shrinkage reduces your payment by $5/month for every six on-time payments, up to $15/month in total. Monthly Unlimited shrinks to as low as $35/month, Android Monthly Unlimited to as low as $40/month, or $45/month for BlackBerry Monthly Unlimited.
On-time payments are made on or before the monthly payment date. Your monthly payment date remains the same every month as long as you successfully make your monthly payment. However, if you make a late payment, your payment date will be reset to the day of the month before the date your service is restored (e.g., if your service is restored on February 15th, your monthly payment date will be reset to March 14th).
While it's best to make regular on-time payments each month, payments do not have to be consecutive. If you miss a payment you don't have to start over. The on-time payments made to the account will still be available as well as any savings milestone achieved.
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Samsung Transform Ultra runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
The onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Transform Ultra also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
- 3.5-inch touchscreen display (480 x 320 pixels)
- Side-sliding full QWERTY keyboard
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Next-generation Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 2 GB included microSD card
- 3-megapixel camera with flash and 3x digital zoom
- Video capture capabilities
- Front-facing camera for video chats
- Multimedia player compatible with MP3 and AAC music formats, and MPEG4 and H.263 video formats
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- Web browser with Google search and support for Adobe Flash 10.1
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync accounts.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
- Hearing Aid Capable rating M4
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to wireless phones based on the phones? geographic location. The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA is responsible for receiving the alerting information and forwarding the alerts to participating wireless carriers such as Sprint. Such alerts may come from the President of the United States; the National Weather Service, state or county public safety officials. This system is integrated into the same national alerting services that serve television and radio today.