- Unlocked quad-band GSM cell phone with US/International 3G plus GPRS/EDGE connectivity (not compatible with CDMA carriers like Verizon Wireless, Alltel and Sprint)
- Android 2.3-powered smartphone with brilliant LED-backlit 4.2-inch multi-touch display, 1 GHz processor, 8.1-MP camera with HD 720p video capture
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth stereo music, GPS navigation, 1 GB memory, microSD expansion
- Up to 7 hours of talk time, up to 400 hours (16.67 days) of standby time; released in March, 2011
- What's in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, USB/wall charger, USB cable, wired stereo headset, quick start guide
- 4,3" Reality display owered by Bravia engine
- 8.1 MP Exmor R Camera, Android 2.3 Gingerbeard
- Android 2.3-powered smartphone with brilliant LED-backlit 4.2-inch plasma display, 1 GHz processor, 8.1-MP camera with HD 720p video capture
- It has 4.3" Reality display owered by Bravia engine
- Multiple E-mail Support (Webmail and ActiveSync), Internet and Wifi Capable, Bluetooth 2.1
- UMTS-HSPA 800/850/1900/2100, GSM-GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/ 1900
Offering cutting edge Sony technology and an exceptional multimedia experience, the unlocked Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc (model LT15a) combines stunning design with the power of the Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) operating system--which gives you access to a wealth of Google mobile services as well as hundreds of thousands of apps from the Android Market.
The visually brilliant Xperia Arc Android-powered smartphone (see larger image).
This quad-band GSM unlocked phone can connect to the AT&T 3G network in the United States as well as international voice and 3G networks (learn more about this unlocked phone below).
Created from premium materials and with a stunning arc body, the sleek, strong Xperia Arc is designed to fit perfectly in the your hand. The extra-wide 4.2-inch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine multi-touch display delivers exceptional visual brilliance and a crystal clear image thanks to its LED backlighting, enhancing your mobile entertainment experience. And through reduced light reflection, the picture stays clear when you're outdoors too.
The 8.1-megapixel camera features Sony's award-winning Exmor R for mobile sensor with a f/2.4 lens, enabling you to capture high quality, bright still photos and videos even in low light. It also captures HD 720p video. And all pictures and videos can be shared in HD on your living room TV via the built in HDMI-connector.
Other features include a single-core 1 GHz processor, Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, GPS for navigation (using built-in Google Maps) and location services, 1 GB internal memory, microSD expansion (up to 32 GB), access to both personal and corporate e-mail, DLNA wireless media streaming, and up to 7 hours of talk time.
Ultra-slim at just 0.34 inches thin
A highly social mobile phone, the Xperia Arc includes Sony Ericsson Timescape, which lets all your communication with a person come together in one place. Facebook posts, calls, text messages are all gathered, so you don't have to open loads of different apps to see what's going on.
And with Facebook inside Xperia (developed in close cooperation with Facebook), you can make your entertainment truly social. Your Facebook albums pop up in your phone's gallery, and you can comment directly on the pictures. Share recommendations and likes from the music player. Don't miss any of your friends' birthdays or other exciting Facebook events--they're all automatically visible in your calendar. You only need to sign in once to Facebook during start-up of your Xperia Arc.
Made for Business, Too
Work or leisure? With the Xperia Arc, you can choose both.
Fast E-Mail Access--Anytime, Everywhere
The large 4.2-inch touchscreen provides great e-mail readability. View and share Microsoft Excel, Word and other attachments. And the onscreen QWERTY keypad makes typing easy. One inbox for work and another for your private e-mail? Set up multiple e-mail accounts. Stay in sync and search the Corporate Directory (GAL) thanks to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync support. Keep in touch with your friends through Gmail, Web mail or HTML e-mail.
Stay on top of your agenda. Set reminders, accept or decline invitations, and check who will attend today's big meeting. Xperia Arc may be a slim phone, but it has all you need to juggle your busy days. And to find your way to a meeting venue you've never visited before, just tap Google Maps.
4.2-inch multi-touch Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine with LED backlighting (see larger image).
Contacts, Far and Wide
Exchange ActiveSync and Gmail contacts. Facebook friends. Have them all in one place. Use the search function to find a contact in a snap. Facebook updates, IM status, text messages: they're all available in your phonebook. And to keep it all safe, sync your contacts with Google Cloud or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.
Intuitive Xperia User Interface
Business life can be hectic. The easy-to-use Xperia Arc interface is the perfect stress relief. Drag and drop shortcuts, gather them in folders, and customize the five homescreens as you please. There are handy widgets for everything--news, weather forecasts, exchange rates, and more.
The Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc weighs 4.13 ounces and measures 4.92 x 2.48 x 0.34 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-polymer battery is rated at up to 7 hours of talk time, and up to 400 hours (16.67 days) of standby time. This 3G-enabled phone runs on 800/850/1900/2100 3G frequencies (compatible with AT&T) in the United States, and international 900/2100 MHz 3G frequencies. Additionally, it runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies for voice and 2G data.
What's in the Box
Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc handset, rechargeable battery, USB/wall charger, USB cable, wired stereo headset, quick start guide
Android Gingerbread Operating System
The Xperia Arc runs the Android 2.3 operating system (dubbed Gingerbread)--the fastest version of Android available for smartphones yet. It features a cleaner, more refined interface with new icons, improved top notification bar, and more intuitive navigation.
Multitasking in Gingerbread allows you the ability to run more than one app at a time. If you're playing a game, you can easily switch to an incoming e-mail and then switch back to the game without losing your place. And like the previous version of Android ("Froyo"), Gingerbread provides support for Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for access to the full Web.
A new onscreen keyboard makes it easier to type thanks to additional spacing between the keys and larger font sizes. And the more you use the keyboard, the easier typing will be as the enhanced suggest feature records previous input history to make better suggestions.
The Xperia Arc also brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services you use every day. It also provides easy access to both personal and corporate e-mail, calendars, and contacts supported by Exchange Server and Gmail. And through Android Market, you'll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets, and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
- Android Market for browsing and downloading thousands of free and paid apps
- Pre-loaded Android apps: Browser, Calculator, Calendar (Google or Corporate), Camera, Clock, Contacts, Email, Gallery, Messaging, Music, News & Weather, Phone, Settings, Video Player, Voice Dialer, Voice Search, YouTube
- Google applications: Gmail, Google Search, Google Voice Search, Google Latitude, Google Maps, Google Places, Google Talk
- Google Maps Navigation with spoken turn-by-turn directions showing real-time traffic and 360° views of the destination
This unlocked cell phone can be used with a GSM network service provider. It does not come with a SIM card, and it requires that you provide a SIM card for usage with your selected service provider.
This phone can be paired with 800/850/1800/1900 MHz UMTS/HSPA 3G networks in the United States (as well as 900/2100 MHz 3G networks found around the world, including in Europe and Asia). In areas not served by a 3G network, you'll continue to receive 2G data service via the EDGE network (depending on network compatibility).
Note that the downloading of maps, games, music and videos and uploading of images and videos involves transferring large amounts of data. Your service provider may charge for the data transmission, and the availability of particular services and features may vary by carrier.
This phone comes with a full manufacturer's warranty (1-year).
| || |
- 1 GHz single-core processor speeds up everything--from playing games to watching shows to opening files from work.
- 4.2-inch multi-touch display (Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine) with LED backlighting, scratch-resistant glass, and proximity sensor (480 x 854 pixels).
- Onscreen keyboard
- Onboard GPS with Google Maps featuring turn-by-turn navigation, street and satellite views, and more.
- Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g/n) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots while on the go.
- Bluetooth connectivity (version 2.1) includes communication headset, hands-free car kits, and A2DP audio streaming Bluetooth profiles.
- DLNA compatibility allows you to stream media content from the phone to any other DLNA-certified device as well as play a file from a server on your phone.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- 1 GB internal memory
- 8.1-megapixel camera with LED flash, 2.46x digital zoom, image stabilizer, auto-focus, touch focus, and red-eye reduction.
- HD 720p video capture capabilities with video stabilization
- Multimedia player compatible with MP3 and AAC music formats, and MPEG4, H.264, and H.263 video formats
- FM radio with RDS capabilities
- HDMI port for output to your HDTV or monitor.
- USB 2.0 port
- Access to Facebook and Twitter
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging
- HTML browser (Webkit 5) with Flash 10.1 Support
- Personal and corporate e-mail access with support for Exchange ActiveSync accounts.
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Speakerphone for hands-free communication.
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.