2 August 2013 by Nishant Soni
Once a standalone consumer and home appliance manufacturer, Maytag is now owned by and is a division of Whirlpool Corporation.
If you are interested in buying the best Maytag washing machine for your home, there are a number of things you must consider before you buy. You will first need to assess your own household's needs and determine the features that you need a washing machine to have. Budget is the next major concern. Try to find the washing machine that has as many of the features that you are looking for while staying in the price range you can afford.
The most important technical features to look for when searching for the best Maytag washing machine are listed below but like with most things, these features are pretty much contingent on the price you pay.
1. The loading capacity of the wash basket measured in cubic feet- This largely depends on your household needs and Maytag washers come with load capacities ranging from 2.0 cu ft to 4.6 cu ft depending on the price tag.
2. Maytag washers come in a range of spin speeds (up to 1800 rpm) and wash cycles (up to 9) that you'll have to consider before buying. If you're uncertain about the significance of spin speed and wash cycles, let our guide to buying the best washer help you.
3. Maytag washing machines also come with other detergent friendly options such as storing up for 12 washes and an even application for each wash.
4. Maytag generally offers a ten year warranty on the motor and certain other parts of their washing machines, however you might have to ascertain your washer is among those privileged models.
5. Other more subjective criteria include digital controls instead of knobs, a quick drying option for limited clothes that Maytag includes in some select washers and the Powerwash temperatures.
If you have a small budget, you will have to accept that you will not be able to purchase a washing machine with all of the latest features. Typically Maytag's top-loading washer will suit your budget the best since they tend to cost $700 or less. However, keep in mind that cheap washing machines do not last as long as more expensive models that are constructed of better materials.
If your budget is more flexible, you will be able to consider a High efficiency front-loading washers in the $700 to $1500 range that come with more advanced settings. These machines are equipped to go easy on your electricity bills and getting your clothes cleaner while also being more gentle on the fabric.
Additionally, it's best if your Maytag washer displays an Energy Star sticker. This means that the machine meets the government's criteria for low energy consumption. Compare various Energy Star certified machines before making a final decision. Furthermore, of Maytag's washing machines are relatively quiet, but if noise is a big concern for you, front-loading machines are generally quieter than their top-loading counterparts.
There are so many kinds of washing machines available on the market that it can be an overwhelming task to find the perfect one for your needs. This is why we have below a selection of the best Maytag washers that have been highly recommended by expert reviewers around the web. Scroll down to check specs, video reviews and buying options.
|By Load Type|
This list of the best maytag washing machine is also applicable for the following topics:
© 2007-14 ReviewGist.com. All Rights Reserved.
Best Maytag Washing Machine of 2014